Trident and Jobs:
The case for a Scottish Defence Diversification Agency
This report from the STUC and Scottish CND draws attention to the shift in the balance of global power from the uni-polar world to a multi-polar world making Britain’s nuclear weapons system seem increasingly irrelevant, the lack of a credible ‘target’ or military rationale for Britain’s’ nuclear weapons system seem increasingly irrelevant, the lack of a credible ‘target; or military rationale for Britain’s nuclear weapons system and growing support from the nations and peoples of the world for a global ban on these weapons.
In particular this study highlights
- Effect of austerity on the defence budget
- Case studies form the US about employment after closure of large military installations
- Detailed breakdown of potential transfer of skills
- Case for a Scottish defence diversification agency to develop realistic plans for employment after the removal of Trident.
- 14 page report
- First published July 2015
- A4 stapled booklet